1978 Morton & Hersloff 36 Downeast Trawler
Yacht price :
**Please Contact Broker For A FaceTime Live Walk Thru Showing Of This Boat.** (Please arrange only thru listing broker as location of boat may require advance scheduling)
This 36' Downeast-style Flybridge Cruiser designed by Charles Whittholz and built by Morton & Hersloff in Easton, Maryland. She has had many major upgrades since 2015 which include a new Sidepower Bow Thruster, new rewiring and new batteries, new hatches, new biminis, new 2000w inverter, new Garmin electronics and Simrad Autopilot, new anchor, and so much more. Powered with a single Cummins 315 hp Diamond Series diesel with only 1300 hours, allowing for cruising speeds between 9-12 knots, with fast cruise speed of 14 knots when needed. She has proven herself in the past 4 years with economical and worry-free cruises to Florida, the Keys and the Bahamas, and, most recently up the inter-coastal waterway to Maine. For those boaters who are transitioning from sail to power, she should be top choice, as she is custom-built and offered at an attractive price. Please make an appointment today to view this special vessel.
- Morton & Hersloff
- 36 Downeast Trawler
- Grasonville, MD, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- M 5053 RD
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 36 ft - 10.97 meter
- 36 ft - 10.97 meter
- 12 ft 3 in - 3.73 meter
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 6 in - 1.07 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 17 ft - 5.18 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 12 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 315 (Individual), 315 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 18 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 110 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 35 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 15 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- For four to five in a very attractive interior with 2015 painted white bulkheads and 2017 varnished mahogany trim and cabinetry.
- Large forward cabin with vee berths and a filler piece to form extra wide queen berth.
- Numerous drawers under the berths, shelves over, hanging lockers aft to port with ensuite S/S sink, hot and cold pressure water and mirror.
- Overhead hatch with screen and four opening ports with curtains and screens in forward cabin.
- Next aft is the portside "down galley", with 110V 2 burner Force 10 electric stove, double S/S sinks, toaster oven, and Vitrifrigio AC-DC refrigerator.
- Opposite to starboard is an enclosed head with an electric Raritan Marine W.C. and holding tank, stall shower with sump pump, and extra lockers.
- Up several steps to main salon with 360-degree visibility, a portside settee which converts to a single with a varnished teak grate table, an updated and redesigned lower helm and console, and a unique fold-away single Murphy bed to starboard.
- All salon windows are painted aluminum framed windows and have new curtains.
- All salon cushions were new in 2016.
- The main salon teak and holly sole was refinished in 2017, and a new varnished teak and holly sole was installed in the galley and forward cabin in 2018.
- There are 2-110V lamps in the salon.
- Headroom: 6'4".
Engines & Mechanical
- 1994 Single Cummins 315 hp diesel, 6BTA5.9-M2, Diamond Series, 6 cylinder, FWC, with 1300 hours as seen on the hour meter.
- All injectors serviced in 2017 and new water pump impellor, 2017.
- 2017 new exhaust manifold.
- 2016 new 4" air filter replaced.
- 2017 Wilson HD 105 amp alternator installed.
- 2016 new main engine serpentine belt installed.
- 2018 cutlass bearing replaced.
- 2018 replaced stuffing box.
- 2016 Lenco trim tabs installed.
- 2016 raw water thru hull installed.
- 2017 Sidepower SE60 bow thruster installed.
- Hydraulic steering at both helms.
- 2017 recharged Halon automatic fire extinguishers in engine room.
- Cruising speed: 9 knots @ 2000 RPM (or 7.5 knots @ 1400 RPM @ 3 mpg); 14 knots @ 2600 RPM for fast cruise.
- Maximum speed: 16 knots @ 2800 RPM.
- 12V DC & 110V AC electrical systems with new Blue Seas AC&DC circuit breaker panels.
- AC electrical rewired in 2017.
- 1992 Onan 8 kw generator with 725 hours as shown on the meter.
- Two Zone 12,000 BTU's Cruiseair air conditioners and reverse cycle heat in main salon and forward cabin, off shore power or generator.
- 2017 6 gallon Seaward hot water heater-runs off inverter (could be plumbed to run off engine).
- 2017 Blue Seas HD battery switch.
- 2016 Two AGM 4D house batteries (200 amp each).
- 2018 Interstate Group 31 lead acid start battery.
- 2016 Magnum 2000w inverter with 100 amp charger and remote panel.
- 2016 Victron BMV-702 battery monitor system.
- 2016 Sterling Intelligent regulator charges engine start first and then charges house AGM's.
- 2017 2 Rule 1100 GPH bilge pumps.
- 2017 Aqualarm bilge pump counters and monitor.
- 2016 5 Alpenglow LED overhead lights in cabin (red and white).
- 2016 Lumitech LED underwater light at transom.
- LED lights behind valances and under cockpit coamings.
- 110V outlets with USB ports powered by shore power, generator, or inverter..
- 3 USB connections at 12V outlets in main salon, forward cabin, and flybridge.
- 2017 Wifi router tied into Ubiquiti wifi amplifier.
- Reading lights at each berth and recessed LED lights under shelves in vee berths.
- Shore power cords.
- 2016 Simrad AP44 autopilot with one 2018 updated head.
- Lowrance 10" HD510 GPS-MAP with Nema 2000 network.
- 2017 Garmin 942XS GPS-MAP in 9" touch screen.
- 2017 Garmin 840XS GPS-MAP with 8" screen.
- 2017 Garmin GMR18 HD Radar.
- 2017 Garmin GMS10 Network with depthsounder, two transducers and side scanner sonar (goes 200' deep).
- Standard Horizon 6X2200 VHF with AIS receiver (shows on chartplotters).
- Standard Horizon CPM31B VHF radio with Ram mic on flybridge, with automatic fog horn and loud hailer and intercom.
- Garmin Glo portable GPS.
- Redundant Autohelm ST50 Plus depthsounder.
- Dark blue hull, white boot top, blue bottom.
- 3/4" solid fiberglass hull below waterline.
- 2016 superstructure repainted with Signature finish.
- 2016 decks repainted off-white with Petitt EZ paint.
- 2018 Interlux Ultra high copper antifouling paint.
- Dual helms with 2017 lower helm chair and redesigned & refinished 2017 helm station.
- Exterior teak trim finished in 2017 with clear Awlwood by Awlgrip.
- Downeast style hull with skeg off keel to protect propeller.
- Six opening ports with screens.
- Opening salon windows on port and starboard sides (no screens).
- Centerline windshield opens with screen..
- Three new Bomar Pompanette Nibo hatches in trunk cabin top with screens.
- Screen for companionway door.
- 2017 new toast colored Sunbrella bimini on flybridge; 2017 new toast colored Sunbrella bimini over cockpit.
- Large fiberglass deck box with cushion across transom.
- Two cockpit storage boxes, each side of forward cockpit, with varnished teak seats and teak cockpit coamings.
- In cockpit, 2016 saltwater washdown pump to port; 2016 fresh water washdown pump to starboard.
- Two Lee cockpit rod holders and five Lee rod holders on flybridge.
- On aft end of flybridge, another fiberglass storage box with cushion.
- 2016 teak swim platform refinished.
- Bronze deck hardware.
- Lewmar Pro Series 1000 dual action vertical windlass.
- S/S ladder to flybridge with varnished teak treads.
- 2017 Rocna 44 lb galvanized anchor on bow platform and roller with 30' chain and 250' 5/8" nylon rode.
- Danforth second anchor; 200' nylon rode in cockpit.
- S/S Magma LPG grill.
- 2017 Ongara electric dual trumpet horn.
- Three 26 x 10" fenders with covers.
- 12 docklines.
- Flares, First Aid kit.
- 2015 water pressure pump.
- Canvas covers for all windshield windows and aft door.
- Lifering with vessel's name JUST ENOUGH on it.
- Dipsticks for fuel gauge.
- 6 life jackets; fire extinguishers.
- Manual Whale Gusher pump.
- Smoke detector and C02 alarm.
- 2 Beckson ventilators at helm and in galley.
Recent Owner Upgrades
Brightwork Brightwork - refinish inside and out $7,000 2017
Canvas Interior cushions and curtains- upgrade $800 2017
Electronics Chartplotter - bridge - upgrade $470 2018
Electronics Chartplotter - helm station -upgrade $1,300 2018
Electronics WiFI- antenna and amp - add $400 2017
Electronics VHF - Horizon with AIS & remote- - upgrades $450 2017
Electronics Radar, mount, installation - add new $4,200 2018
Engine Exhaust Manifold - replace $2,400 2017
Engine Stuffing box and cooling pump- replace $2,500 2018
Exterior Hatches (3) - upgrade $1,500 2017
Flybridge Bimini - extend on fly bridge $2,000 2018
Flybridge Bimini - over cockpit - add $4,200 2018
Flybridge Helm Station - flybridge - upgrade $2,000 2018
Interior Head and shower - upgrade $2,800 2018
Interior Helm Station - main cabin - - upgrade $2300 2018
Interior Helm chair - upgrade $1,100 2017
Interior Cabinet doors - replace and refinish $600 2018
Interior Interior flooring - - replace with upgrade $4,000 2018
Bow thruster - added $5,900 2017
Autopilot control unit - replace $600 2018
Anchor, chain, line - upgrade $600 2017
Added Additional Bilge pump, switch & monitor - add $160 2018
Water Heater - replace $350 2017
Alternator - replace $300 2017
Smart Regulator - add $600 2017
Batteries -upgrade $1,800 2017
Inverter /Charger -upgrade $2,300 2017
AC-DC panels - upgrade $900 2017
AC rewiring - replace $900 2018
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
36 Morton & Hersloff
- Brokers From Maine To Florida
- 7% Commission Structure
- Exceptional Communication
- Professional Photography & Virtual Tours
Learn Your Boats Value In Today's Market